Ohsas 18001 - Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Human life is precious and safety of personnel and interested parties is the responsibility of an organization.
OHSAS18001 is a globally recognized standard for occupational health and safety management system and defines the health and labor protection system of an organization. An OHSAS18001 certification establishes an organization’s commitment to provide a safe working environment to protect employees & other concerns. It aims at reducing and preventing accidents and accident related loss of life, equipment, time and damage to environment.
In providing a framework to OHSAS18001, many Health & Safety issues are brought together into documented system. This enables the organization to formulate policy and objectives, taking into account legislative requirements, significant hazards and risks, related to occupational health & safety. With the resultant system in place, whether integrated or not, ensure that the tools for control exist; this provides peace of mind for senior management along with systems and procedures for staff & persons concerned and can reduce legal costs and working time loss.
Demonstrating the commitment to Occupational Health & Safety issues positively impact the company’s success and bring the following benefits:
- Improvement in safety culture, increasing control of hazards
- Improvement in the efficiency of the operations & consequent reduction in accidents & production time loss
- Improvement in the security / quality of work places, employee morale and adherence to company values
- Reduction in insurance premiums
- Enhancement of corporate image
- Demonstration of legal compliance