ISO 14001 - Environment Management System
The ISO 14000 standards are designed to provide an internationally recognized framework for environmental management, measurement, evaluation and auditing. A system compliant to ISO 14001 is a management system dedicated to manage the environmental issues of an organization.
A Certified Environmental Management System proves that the business is taking active steps to fulfill social & environmental responsibilities. Environmentally credible companies have a competitive edge in national and international markets. An “Environmental Management System” helps the organization to be in control of and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects, e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources and energy-efficiency together with compliance to environmental regulations.
Some of the benefits of the ISO 14001 certification are in the following areas:
- Improved corporate image
- Strategic investment
- Significant demonstration of management responsibilities & commitment to environmental concerns towards employees, stakeholders & society
- Competitive advantage over international trade barriers
- Compliance with concerned statutory & regulatory requirements
- Tremendous increase in process yields
- Help in converting by products and other waste into commercially valuable forms
- Significantly reduced energy consumption, hazards and accidents
- Effectively manage the significant environmental aspects